Having clear goals and communicating with me, your dedicated eye doctor, will help insure you get the best experience, knowledge and visual benefits from your visit. If you can put some thought ahead of time into the following, I will better be able help you, enhance your vision and assist with other concerns (within reason, mind you – though I have a varied experience base):
- Is there a particular problem you have with eyes in terms of vision and/or comfort?
- How do you use your eyes? More specifically, what do you do?
- In what situations would you like to see better or perhaps easier?
- Do you have particular concerns? Tell me because I really am listening and want to help you!
- What has worked and not worked for you in the past?
- How much or how little are you willing to do in order to help yourself? Some disorders may require daily care in order to bring adequate resolution.
Remember to bring the following with you to your visit:
- Your medical history and current medications
- Be able to describe your symptoms—write them down if necessary
- Know your family history. Some eye diseases like glaucoma and cataracts are hereditary
- Check to see if you have a vision plan which covers contacts/glasses – some plans may be attached to your major medical plan
- Bring your insurance card, identification and method of payment – have you met your annual deductable if applicable?
- Bring your most recent prescription for glasses or contact lenses; even empty boxes help!
- Bring your corrective eye-wear to the exam – can help knowing what changes occurred
Do know I LOVE patients here in Boulder, Colorado who are informed and question the world around them. I want to be involved in their care.
Knowing in advance what you want to learn and ‘get fixed’ can help maximize your exam experience and yield the most benefit to you!
Call us today to make your appointment: 720-600-0440